Summey Orr has over three decades of experience representing clients in commercial real estate matters across the country. Mr. Orr has expertise in a wide array of areas including, acquisition, development, disposition, leasing, and finance involving office, retail, industrial and multifamily sectors. Mr. Orr has significant experience working with foreign clients investing in and developing U.S. real estate. He sent his three children to three different southern football schools, which keeps him and his wife occupied until Tar Heel basketball season starts every year.
- Supervised the team of lawyers which negotiated all the retail, restaurant and office leases for Ponce City Market, an innovative, mixed-use adaptive reuse project in midtown Atlanta, Georgia with more than 500,000 square feet of office and over 300,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space.
- Acquisition and sale of income-producing office, retail and multifamily properties in locations such as metro Atlanta, Boston, Honolulu, Miami, New York, San Antonio, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington D.C.
- Negotiated development and leasing of multiple industrial distribution facilities from 500,000 to 1 million square feet in the Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Jacksonville, Memphis, Phoenix, and Sacramento metropolitan areas.
- Negotiated the acquisition and disposition of multiple apartment projects throughout the Atlanta metropolitan area.
PUBLICATIONS & RECOGNITION
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law section (2017-2019)
- Listed as a Georgia Super Lawyers (2004 – 2017)
- Chambers USA – America’s Leading Business Lawyers
- “AV” Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell