Benno Rothschild focuses his practice on real estate, with an emphasis on retail acquisitions, dispositions, and leasing. He also has extensive experience in real estate finance.
Mr. Rothschild counsels clients in retail real estate leasing, from both the landlord and tenant side, with tenant’s ranging in size from less than 1,000 feet to anchor department store leases for stores greater than 100,000 square feet. He has also represented local small shop tenants, national small and mid-size tenants, and anchor tenants in both strip shopping centers and malls. He possesses a wide experience in representing landlords in various leasing activities, including office and industrial properties. Mr. Rothschild has worked extensively with shopping center developments, from land acquisition through construction and disposition. He has represented both lenders and borrowers in real estate related finance and has served as local counsel for several large inter-state financing transactions.
An avid collector of original comic and fantasy art, he is an editor of the Comic and Fantasy Art Amateur Press Association. He also enjoys cycling, reading, independent film, and travel.
PUBLICATIONS & RECOGNITION
- Speaker at leasing seminars for the International Conference of Shopping Centers and other real estate-related seminars
- Appeared on a 2016 broadcast of The Commercial Real Estate Show, Multifamily Market Growth, Supply, and Lending
- Speaker at 2016 ICSC U.S. Shopping Center Law Conference, We Finally Got a Piece of the Pie: Perimeter and Outparcel Development
- Globe Street.com – Inside the Outlet Mall Boom
- Presenter, 2015 NBI Seminar, Retail, Office and Restaurant Leases: Key Provisions and Warranties
- Rothschild has practiced in the areas of corporate law and tax law and has extensive experience in general corporate and partnership issues with tax ramifications. Since 1986, he has concentrated on commercial real estate.
- Emory University, LL.M. in Taxation 1986
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D. cum laude, American Jurisprudence Award in Contracts 1984
- Tufts University, B.A. in Economics and Political Science, cum laude1981
- State Bar of Georgia