Chelsea Dennis’ practice includes real estate litigation, commercial litigation, and bankruptcy matters. She assists clients in both state and federal courts, as well as in mediation and arbitration proceedings.
Ms. Dennis’ real estate litigation experience relates primarily to commercial lease disputes, easement disputes, receivership actions, cases involving lien priority, and foreclosure confirmation proceedings. Her general commercial litigation experience includes, among other areas, actions involving contracts and commercial loans. Her bankruptcy experience involves representation of creditors and insurers in various stages of bankruptcy cases and related adversary proceedings. Ms. Dennis also has prior construction litigation experience including representation of general contractors and subcontractors in disputes involving allegations of construction defects and nonpayment.
She represents clients in all stages of litigation and has extensive experience relating to discovery, including electronic discovery, as well as motions practice and appeals.
- Represents landlord and tenants in commercial lease disputes, including co-tenancy disputes
- Represents various parties in commercial contract disputes and other business litigation matters
- Represents lenders and creditors in actions involving multimillion-dollar commercial loans
- Represents creditors in both corporate and individual bankruptcies
PUBLICATIONS & RECOGNITION
- Co-author, Communications With And Discovery From Putative and Absent Class Members, ICLE Class Actions Program Course Materials (September 9, 2011)
- Co-author, Ethics for Georgia Lawyers Representing Clients in Mediations, Georgia Bar Journal, pages 20-27 (October 2009)
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Atlanta, Leadership Class of 2016
- CREW Atlanta, Programs Committee (co-chair 2017-2018, member 2015-2016)
- CREW Atlanta Leadership Committee (member, 2017)
- CREW Atlanta Mentoring Program (mentor, 2017)
- Nominated for Committee Member of the Year by Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Atlanta at the 2016 CREW Atlanta Impact Awards ceremony