Gil Burstiner represents clients in numerous acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and refinances of retail, office and industrial properties, including transactions involving acquisition financing by both conduit and non-conduit lenders. He has also worked with several national and regional retail tenants in ground lease/development transactions across the country. In addition, he represents landlords and tenants in office, retail and industrial lease transactions and related asset management activities. He has closed numerous purchase and sale transactions, including shopping center and office building acquisitions and dispositions. Mr. Burstiner has been an active participant in numerous real estate lending transactions for institutional lending clients, as well as foreclosures, workouts and REO property transactions for lending clients. He has worked closely with the firm’s corporate department to identify and define the real estate components of multi-state asset purchase transactions and corporate reorganizations.
He is a passionate Miami Dolphins fan and a father of four.
- Purchase and sale of distressed-debt and real estate-owned properties in the Southeast
- Leasing, from both developer and retailer perspectives, for development and lease transactions across the country
- Financing real estate transactions, from both the borrower and lender perspectives, involving all real estate product types
- Works on numerous bulk sale transactions involving the disposition of debt and assets for institutional lending clients and buyers in the Southeast
- Represents distressed-debt holders in connection with loan modifications, forbearance agreements and other workaround options
PUBLICATIONS & RECOGNITION
- Legal Elite as published in Georgia Trend magazine
- Georgia Super Lawyer
- Georgia Rising Star
- Georgia State University Real Estate Honorary Board Member
- Board of Advisors – Compass Real Estate Funds
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D. 1993
- Emory University, B.A. in Philosophy, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa 1990
- State Bar of Georgia