Ryan Rivera has extensive commercial real estate experience and has handled all types of acquisition, disposition, development and lease transactions throughout the United States. He has represented national and local developers, landlords, tenants and retailers in all types of lease transactions, including retail, office, industrial and ground leases. Mr. Rivera also has experience in multi-use developments, including complex condominium and leasehold condominium projects.
He enjoys golf and running marathons and is a fan of the Iowa Hawkeyes. Ryan has also authored a Children’s Book about the University of Iowa titled, I Is For Iowa, which is available in stores and online at Amazon.com.
- Has represented developers in the leasing of numerous power center, lifestyle and mixed-use projects in markets such as Chicago, Miami, Dallas, Orlando, Nashville, and Charlotte
- Has represented national retailers classified as “big box”, “junior anchor” and “small shop” tenants in lease transactions throughout the U.S.
- Has represented a national restaurant chain in the acquisition, disposition and leasing of store locations around the U.S.
- Has represented national operators in lease of office space for company headquarters
- Acquisition and sale of retail, industrial, office and medical office properties around the U.S.
PUBLICATIONS & RECOGNITION
- Speaker at 2017 ICSC U.S. Shopping Center Law Conference. Presented, Mark Twain v. The Mall – “The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated”: Re-tenanting Anchor Boxes in Enclosed Malls
- Speaker at 2016 ICSC U.S. Shopping Center Law Conference. Presented, Control Freaks or Visionaries? New Operational and Revenue Opportunities
- ICSC Next Generation Board – Member at Large for the Southeastern Division, 2018
- ICSC Next Generation Planning Committee Chair (Atlanta), 2016-2017
- ICSC Next Generation Co-Chair, 2015
- ICSC Georgia Sponsorship Committee, 2013-2015
- ICSC Southeastern Conference Program Planning Committee, 2013-2015
- ICSC Atlanta Next Generation Planning Committee, 2012-2015
- ICSC Southeast Retail Connection Committee, 2013
- ICSC Next Generation Panel Speaker, 2012
- Panelist at the Emory Law Real Estate Practice Programs in 2010
- His article Homestead Exemptions and Their Effect on Federal Bankruptcy Laws, 39 Real Prop. Prob. & Tr. J. 71 (2004), has been cited in several publications, including the opinion rendered by the Supreme Court of Florida in Chames v. DeMayo, 972 So. 2d 850 (2007).
- Co-author, The Bankrupt Tenant: Creative Solutions for Preserving the Tenant Mix, Retail Law Strategist (2005)
- Co-presenter of Internet Sales and Prohibited Uses (2018)
- Discussed Negotiating Leases on The Commercial Real Estate Show, a nationally syndicated radio show
- Bloomberg, Department Stores Cling to Power Over Landlords on Mall Upgrades
- The Real Deal – New York Real Estate News, Anchor Tenants Exert Power When it Comes to Mall Upgrades
- National Real Estate Investor, Department Stores Cling to Power Over Landlords on Mall Upgrades
- Long Short Report, Departmental Stores Clasp to Power Over Landlords on Mall Betterment
- Crain’s Chicago Business, As Mall Landlords Try to Upgrade, Department Stores Cling to Power
- Daily Business Review, Department Stores Cling to Power Over Landlords on Mall Upgrades
- Independent.IE, US Department Stores Put Foot Down on Mall Revamps
- State Bar of Georgia