Lana Sims represents owners, developers, tenants, lenders and businesses in all aspects of acquisition, leasing, development, finance, and disposition transactions. His experience includes extensive work with properties in the retail, office, hotel, and industrial/flex sectors. Mr. Sims has also handled a variety of landlord-tenant disputes, title insurance claims, real estate disputes, and quiet title litigation matters.
Mr. Sims recently relocated to Atlanta after practicing in South Carolina for 7 years, and he is excited to join the team at Hartman Simons. Mr. Sims is a musician and has performed as a keyboardist, singer, and bass player in multiple musical groups. He also enjoys spending time in the outdoors with his family.
- Served as lead outside leasing and disposition counsel for regional real estate fund focusing on “value add” and opportunistic projects in the office, retail, and industrial/flex sectors.
- Represents franchisees and businesses in connection with ground lease transactions, acquisitions, site development, financing, development agreements and franchise agreements.
- Negotiated and prepared reciprocal easement agreements and master declarations of covenants and restrictions for multiple urban mixed-use projects, and handled all leasing work for the projects.
- Represented hotel developer in the acquisition, finance, construction, and leasing of mixed-use hotel projects.
- Represented local, regional and national lenders in connection with commercial real estate and asset-based lending transactions.
- Represented residential lot, townhome and single-family developers in connection with site acquisition, development, and the negotiation of lot purchase agreements and residential covenants and restrictions.
PUBLICATIONS & RECOGNITION
- Selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star for Real Estate in 2019
- Awarded “Legal Elite of the Upstate” for Commercial Real Estate by Greenville Business Magazine in 2018
- Graduate, Leadership Greenville, Class 44, Greenville, SC Chamber of Commerce
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Greenville County Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute