Chinazo Anachebe is an associate within the firm’s Litigation Group. Her practice focuses on complex business and commercial litigation matters, where she advises clients in a variety of business disputes involving commercial real estate transactions, real estate developments, and lending relationships. Ms. Anachebe has represented clients in state and federal courts. Her strategic approach to litigation practice and procedure ensures that her clients’ best interests are proactively protected and advanced in litigation.
Ms. Anachebe also has extensive experience handling claims of premises liability, products liability, wrongful death, negligent security, and auto accidents. She has handled all aspects of pretrial litigation, including motion practice, taking and defending depositions, arguing motions, and drafting trial briefs. In many cases, she has been responsible for developing the case’s overall litigation strategy, as well as serving as the case’s primary client contact.
Prior to joining Hartman Simons, Ms. Anachebe was a litigation associate at an Atlanta-based AmLaw 100 law firm, where she represented a wide-array of clients, including a major professional sports franchise, global clothing retailer, national retail businesses, regional transportation carriers, multi-family developments, and construction subcontractors.
Before entering private practice, Ms. Anachebe served as a staff attorney to Chief Judge Ben W. Studdard of the State Court of Henry County. Ms. Anachebe also gained appellate court experience when she was a judicial intern for Presiding Judge M. Yvette Miller at the Court of Appeals of Georgia. Additionally, while in law school, Ms. Anachebe also gained homeland security experience when she served as an intern to the Ranking Member of the United States House of Representatives: Committee on Homeland Security in Washington, D.C.
In her free time, Chinazo enjoys cooking, traveling and visiting Piedmont Park for an afternoon workout. Throughout the different sports seasons, you can expect her to be cheering for the Auburn Tigers, Atlanta Braves and Atlanta Falcons.
- State Bar of Georgia
- Member, Judicial Qualifications Commission Nominating Committee (2018–Present)
- Member, Young Lawyers Division (YLD)
- Executive Committee, YLD (2018-Present)
- Chair, YLD Pro Bono Committee (2018–2019)
- Graduate, YLD Leadership Academy (2018)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Power Suit Project
- Board Member: Vice President of Strategic Partnerships (2017-2019)
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys
- American Bar Association
- National Conference of Bar Examiners Testing Task Force Blueprint Development Committee (2020)
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated
- Marietta-Roswell Alumnae Chapter
- Umu Igbo Unite– Atlanta Chapter
HONORS & AWARDS
- 2021 Best Lawyers: “Ones to Watch”