Katherine Silverman’s practice focuses on business litigation in Atlanta. She has experience representing clients in a wide variety of business and real estate litigation issues, including lending, quiet title, construction liens, licensing agreements, intellectual property disputes, trade secrets violations, and general contract disputes. Katherine also assists commercial landlords, primarily in the retail sector in resolving disputes with tenants.
- Successfully negotiated settlement on behalf of national internet retailer after seeking injunctive relief and damages for breach of service contract and breach of fiduciary duty
- Won summary judgment for large national lender in numerous suit on note cases and defended several judgments in the Georgia Court of Appeals
- Represented developer in negotiations with general contractor related to construction dispute
- Successfully negotiated settlement on behalf of shopping center owner in dispute with outparcel tenant involving complex property damage claim
PUBLICATIONS & RECOGNITION
- Value Retail News Guest Column, Outlet Lawsuits Highlight the Need to Update Leases (2015)
- “AV” Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell