Mary Beth Stevenson advises on a broad range of acquisition, development, disposition and lease transactions for industry leaders in the industrial, office, retail, hospitality and mixed-use sectors throughout the United States. Her prior experience with a real estate litigation caseload of title insurance defense claims, quiet title actions, contract disputes and commercial evictions equips her with valuable knowledge in the underwriting and title arena as well.
Mary Beth’s 14+ years of commercial real estate practice is founded on proactively solving problems, being readily accessible to engage with clients and collaborating with all parties to efficiently achieve desired results.
She and her husband have two young daughters, avidly follow University of Kentucky football and basketball and dedicate many hours of philanthropic efforts to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Serves as lead counsel for a portfolio of over 350 North American industrial and office locations for an industrial/construction services company, advising on leasing, acquisitions and dispositions, construction contracts, environmental analysis, litigation and on-boarding new locations resulting from mergers and acquisitions.
- Representative transaction includes the completion of a build-to-suit lease for an 80,000-square foot building on a 10-acre brownfield in Baltimore, MD to consolidate three existing facilities and two operating groups plus occupancy of temporary space during construction, to generate operational efficiencies, rent savings and strategic advantages.
- Lead associate for The Home Depot, interfacing daily with its legal and real estate departments to facilitate all matters and manage documents associated with leased and owned properties in the U.S. including new store development, asset management, carve outs, third-party requests and disputes.
- Representative transaction includes the development of a 7+/- acre site in Queens County, NY including the demolition of an existing bottling plant, construction of an approximately 120,000-square foot Home Depot retail building with roof-top parking, carve-out sale of two retail building pads and a self-storage operator as well as all associated development, restriction, easement, zoning and floor area development rights agreements and closing logistics.
- Lead associate for a national restaurant group and a national restaurant chain, advancing each brand with new ground leases and resolving disputes associated with existing locations.
- Lead associate for a large commercial real estate firm for the site acquisition, development, construction, franchising and financing of four full-and-select-service brand-name hotels in northeastern OH ranging from $8.1 million to $20.7 million.
- Lead associate for the leasing and 1031 Exchange of a 23,000-square foot retail center in Cincinnati, OH for $7.5 million and the acquisition and financing of replacement property including: a 17,000-square foot retail center in Florence, KY; the acquisition, construction and franchising of a fast-food restaurant in Walton, KY; and the acquisition of a residence on Captiva Island, FL.
- Lead associate for the sale and development transaction of municipal land in Loveland, OH for a mixed-use project which included a land swap and corresponding dedication of a public bike path in conjunction with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.
- Lead associate for the acquisition, development and construction of an industrial facility for a California-based foodservice corporation requiring extensive emphasis on environmental considerations and permitting with the United States Army Corps of Engineers, vacating portions of a public right-of-way and strategically consolidating multiple parcels to minimize transfer and other tax consequences.